Senior Medical Officer
(Addictions Service – 2 Years Fixed Term)
The Addictions Department in Saint John of God Hospital, is led by a Consultant Psychiatrist and has a Multidisciplinary team including NCHD’s, Nursing, Clinical Psychology, Addictions Counselling, Social Work and Pharmacy. There are two suites, one 15 bedded suite for admission patients and a 12 bedded suite for patients participating in the Rehabilitation Programme. There are outpatient clinics as well as an aftercare programme. There are substantial opportunities for developing increased knowledge and skills in Addiction including academic opportunities which includes both research and audit.
Applicants for the position should ideally have:
• Assess and manage both addiction patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting under the supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
• Demonstrate an excellent track record in Psychiatry and a commitment to best practice in Addiction.
• Demonstrate an ability to plan, organise and deliver services in an efficient, effective and resourceful manner, within a model of patient centred care and value for money
• Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, the underpinning requirements and key processes in providing quality patient centred care.
• Participate in ongoing training and research programmes as required and as appropriate
Informal Enquiries to Dr. Colin O’Gara, Consultant Psychiatrist, on 01 2771519 or email [email protected]
A full job description is available on request from the Human Resource Department on 01 2771623.
Please forward your curriculum Vitae and covering letter to: [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Applications will be short-listed based on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies will be filled.